Æternity Crypto Foundation is happy to announce that the core developers team (core team) and the hyperchains developers team (hyperchains team) had joined forces to improved the æternity ecosystem and make it even more healthy for the next evolution level.
Our goal is to make the ænode faster, better and lighter and the ae ecosystem more attractive for the users. The hyperchains network using the ænodes has been designed to attract the Æternity enterprise customers and their users. On top of the faster æternity network and hyperchains network the decentralized applications (dæpps) can be run with higher performance and in a private context. Therefore the whole æternity ecosystem will perform with higher availability, scalability, security and performance.
The Æternity Crypto Foundation supports the Maintenance Application for the æternity network. Weekly detail reports on the progress of the core team and hyperchains team can be found respectively in the forum under core 2 and hyperchains 3 development updates.
We are excited to announce the following æternity release schedule and roadmap from December 2020 until March 2021:
Released Date: 15.12.2020
Some of the important functionality improvements are the following:
• On-chain Protocol related bugs fixing
• Accept identical DB state
• Dead peer eviction
• Peer pool persistence
• Client endpoint for retrieving the peer pool status
• Decrease the reliance on centralized seed nodes for bootstrapping the node.
• Maintain and provide the community with the peer list for healthy networking.
• Upgraded Rocksdb
• Removed Windows Support
Released Date: 15.01.2021
• Hyperchain consensus implementation
• Launching the private hyperchain network for test
Release 6.0 (Iris Hard Fork)
Release Date: 25.02.2021
Important Condition: A positive result on community Iris Hard Fork Voting is required prior to the Release 6.0
Users, Node operators and Miners can experience higher performance for the creation of a new aenode compared to the present creation process using the archive nodes approach. The new sync process uses demand requests for the sync of the older node states. The newer Erlang Protocol OTP ensures aenode is running faster, better (bugs free) and more secure.
• Erlang Upgrade to OTP22 or OTP23 depending on the tests
• Fast Synchronization and related issues
• Beam sync — a radical optimization of fast sync
Release Date: 25.03.2021
• Launching the Hyperchain network in two stages: Public and Main
• Bugs fixing if necessary
We believe that Æternity Crypto Foundation can inspire financial, social and political innovation projects running on æternity ecosystem.
Sponsors, Customers and User having an excellent idea how to contribute, use and improved the æternity ecosystems are welcome to contact us under the Email: email@example.com